- this option helps to split an issue to a number of smaller tasks that can be assigned to different components and users, thus providing a better picture of the progress on the issue. This new feature also allows each party that needs to be involved in resolving the issue to better understand what part of the process they are responsible for. Good example for use of this functionality is the Feature Management.
Additional features enabled by inclusion of Subtasks:
- Issue of any issue type in Bugzilla can have subtasks (defined per issue type).
- Issue of any issue type in Bugzilla can be a subtask (defined per issue type).
- "Template" list of subtasks can be defined for an issue type; additional subtasks can be added in this case as well.
- Validation of issue's subtasks on "Resolve" can be "turned on" for an issue type means that user can not change its status to "Resolved" as long as there are open subtasks for this issue.
- Issue Type subtasks policy
- Ability to see all subtasks of an issue, add more dynamically